HTTP4e is a FREE Eclipse plugin that helps quickly make HTTP Requests enabling developers to easily test and create REST & Web Service calls. Open Sourced.
Eclipse HTTP Client (HTTP4e) is a FREE Eclipse plugin for making HTTP and RESTful calls. Built with user experience in mind, it simplifies the developer/QA job of testing Web Services, REST, JSON and HTTP. It is a useful tool for HTTP header tampering and hacking, allowing HTTP code generation to a programming language of choice, as well as JMeter load testing.
Auto Suggest (CTRL + SPACE)
Raw, Pretty, JSON, HEX, Browser response view
SSL/HTTPS and Unicode support
Parameterize Headers/Params editor
Import raw HTTP packet, HTTP4e script or Firefox’s Live HTTP Headers
One click Code generation
- Flex, ActionScript
- C#, VisualBasic
Export your tabs as JMeter test script
One click HTML Report generation (using “Export all tabs as HTTP4e script”)
Parameters to URL mapping, Parameters to Body mapping
Body “@file_path” loads the file content into Request payload
Multipart Form uploading several files
- Making/Replaying an HTTP call directly from Eclipse IDE
- Visual Editors for HTTP headers, parameters and body
- Tabbed browsing (allowing replaying different RESTful, HTTP calls on separate tabs)
- History support (persisting your valuable REST calls)
- One-click HTTP code generation to Java, PHP, C#, Flex/ActionScript, Cocoa/Objective-C, Ruby, Python and Visual Basic
- One-click JMeter script generation
- Import and export HTTP4e replay script
- Export HTTP sessions as HTML report
- Import raw HTTP packets and Firefox’s Live HTTP headers
- Aesthetic UI, Code assist, Headers auto-suggest, Syntax coloring
- “Raw”, “Pretty”, “Hex”, “Browser” and “JSON” views
- Proxy Configuration
- BASIC and DIGEST Authentication
- SSL/HTTPS support
- Unicode UTF8 support
- HTTP tampering
- Tab renaming
- Available on Windows, MacOS X, Linux, Solaris
- Java 5+
- Eclipse 3.2+
Tips and Tricks:
- Execute HTTP Request Key Binding CTRL + SHIFT + R
- Auto Complete commands is CTRL + SPACE. It will open the auto suggest dialog with HTTP headers and relevant header values.
- History Suggest in Headers and Parameters keeps track of your typing history and smartly auto suggest on next similar header or parameter. Keys to trigger CTRL + SPACE.
- Panel Expand: Double clicking on any panel expands it.
- Tabs: Want to make a new request on a new tab? Click the tab button or simply double click on the tab area to open new tab.
- File Import to POST Body. Typing a POST request is tedious and error prone. You can import external text data to Body panel by Clicking the “Add file” browse button or use @file_path to load the file content as a request payload.
- Tab renaming option allowing to name each of your tabs